Submission starts and deadline dates:
Early bird deadline for features and shorts August 8, 2014
Standard deadline for shorts September 12, 2014
Standard deadline for features October 3, 2014
Final deadline for shorts November 14, 2014
Final deadline for features December 12, 2014
Extended deadline for Shorts December 19, 2014
Extended deadline for features December 26, 2014
Late Extended deadline for Shorts and features January 2, 2015
Early deadline shorts $35 Features $50
Standard deadline shorts $45 Features $60
Final deadline shorts $45 Features $60
Extended deadline Shorts $50 Features $70
Payment can be made by check or money order in US dollars payable to: BI Film Festival
We are Accepting submissions for feature Narrative and Documentary, short Narrative and Documentary. Shorts will play prior to a feature or in a shorts program. All genres are welcome. The festival programming staff will place your film in the appropriate category.
Eligibility: All Projects:
1) Must have been completed after January 1, 2012.
2) Can not have been broadcast on television or the Internet in the US prior to the festival.
3) Projects in a foreign language must have English subtitles prior to submission.
4) Can not have been financed or produced by a major studio Production
Shorts: Less than 45 minutes
Features: 45 minutes or longer
Works in Progress:
Works in Progress are accepted for final deadlines only. WP should be clearly marked on the DVD “Work in Progress” or “RoughCut” and also indicate when exactly the final edited version will be available.
All Entries must include the following:
1) DVD (NTSC) labeled with the movie title of project, Director and producer contact number and running time.
2) Completed and signed “BI Film Festival” submission form.
3) Entry Fee.
4) Any available press materials and Media-Kit, Credit list, Lead Actors and Directors bio and Photo. Submitted materials will not be returned and there are no refunds.
The programming staff of the festival will select film in their discretion. Those selected will be notified via email or regular mail. On or about March 12, 2015. Those not selected will be notified via email or regular mail the following week.
If selected you should be able to provide the following material:
1) Exhibition print or video.
2) 2 Full press kits including film stills and directors bio and Photo.
3) 60 Seconds Digital Video clip or trailer for promotional press.
4) The project synopsis, Cast and crew credits
When sending in more than one project, each one must have its own submission material. You may use one check to cover entry fees for all works you are submitting at the same time.
All submissions must be sent prepaid including any applicable customs fees to:
Submissions for BI Film Festival PO Box 240023 Dorchester MA 02124
If your project is selected, you are responsible for delivery of the exhibition print or video to our offices by the designated date. The festival will handle the return shipping of your print or video after the conclusion of the festival.
Questions: If you have questions regarding the submissions process, please email